The Newport Beach Film Festival is seeking motivated and enthusiastic interns to assist with the 18th annual event during the Fall and Spring semester. The 2017 Festival's internship program offers college students and recent alumni interested in entertainment, the arts and marketing a fabulous opportunity to gain valuable first-hand experience in event planning, production and promotion.
- Domestic/international outreach to expand festival attendance, film submissions, and our general audience base.
- Utilizing social media to promote events, submission deadlines and other important information.
- Updating and maintaining the festival’s extensive database.
- Answering questions from filmmakers, volunteers and patrons.
- Creating event flyers, drafting letters and press releases.
- Planning and producing large-scale sponsored events.
- Assisting with the festival’s multiple year-round screening series by working the check-in/info table, taking tickets, and answering questions. (Subject to seat availability, interns are always welcome to watch the film)
- Maintaining a clean and professional office environment.
- Be friendly, outgoing, and hard-working.
- Be able to contribute 10-15 hours per week, with a minimum of 3 hours per shift.
- Have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Have excellent writing, communication, and research skills.
- Be able to remain organized, multi-task, and be adaptable to a constantly changing environment.
- Have good interpersonal skills for interaction with filmmakers, patrons, volunteers, and guests.
- Be able to do some physical work (event set-up or take-down, moving boxes, etc.)
- Like to have a good time and love great movies!
Depending upon an applicant’s interest, skill set and availability, an intern will receive an assignment to a specific department and have the opportunity to assist the executive staff during the festival.
To apply, submit your resume, cover letter and portfolio (if applicable) to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please note that this is an unpaid internship opportunity, and only applicants who meet the qualifications and are being considered for interview will be contacted.