BECOME AN INTERN
The Newport Beach Film Festival is seeking applicants for internships! Interns will gain invaluable first-hand experience in festival production through assisting skilled staff members with project management and event planning/production. Internship positions for Spring 2013 are currently unavailable. We will be accepting applications for Summer/Fall 2013 beginning May 3, 2013.
The NBFF currently offers two types of internships for either course credit or general experience.
General office internships: Upon acceptance, applicants become part of our team to work with all departments as needed.
• Utilizing social media to promote festival events, submission deadlines and other important information.
• Updating and maintaining the festival’s extensive database.
• Domestic/international outreach for increasing film submissions, festival attendance, and our general audience base.
• Answering questions from filmmakers, volunteers and patrons.
• Creating event fliers, drafting letters, and editing/updating office manuals
• Assisting with the festival’s multiple year-round screening series by working the check-in/info table, taking tickets, and answering questions. (subject to seat availability, interns are always welcome to watch the film once all guests have been seated and any necessary materials have been broken down)
• Keeping the Festival office organized, clean and tidy.
Applicants should . . .
• Be friendly, outgoing, and hard-working.
• Be able to contribute 10-20 hours per week, with a minimum of 3 hours per shift.
• Have basic knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Have excellent writing, communication, and research skills.
• Be able to remain organized, multitask, and adapt to a constantly changing environment.
• Have good interpersonal skills for interaction with filmmakers, patrons, volunteers, and guests.
• Be able to do some physical work (event set-up or take-down, moving boxes, etc.)
• Love to have a good time and love great movies!
Departmental internships: Depending on an applicant’s interest and skill set, an intern may receive an assignment to a specific department and have the opportunity to work closely with staff to accomplish a specialized set of goals and objectives.
Submissions: Interns work with the submissions director to process incoming submissions, manage large quantities of data, and work closely with filmmakers to ensure that individual submissions are fully completed.
Filmmaker Travel/Accommodations: Interns assist with the facilitation of filmmakers’ travel and accommodation needs.
Programming: Interns work closely with staff to research submissions, help with recruited titles, and assist accepted filmmakers to maximize their Festival experience. You will be expected to interact with the Programming Team outside of office hours.
PR/Marketing: Interns assist with the creation of a film marketing strategy, work with media outlets (print, online, TV, radio) to secure press coverage of NBFF, handle press requests, work with PR team to accommodate talent, assist with the red carpet, and research and create detailed media lists.
Volunteers: Interns play a vital role in assisting the festival’s single largest support group through volunteer training, shift management, and on-site coordination. Volunteer leads come from our intern pool and is a very rewarding experience at the Festival!
To submit a resume/cover letter please contact Adam Gentry (email@example.com). Please indicate a desired department if you are interested!
Our 14th year will be the best and most exciting yet. We find it a valuable opportunity to assist in all stages of putting together a film festival and encourage our interns to plan on attending our event at the end of April. The 2013 Newport Beach Film Festival will be from April 25th – May 2rd.